Friday, January 30, 2009

Olive's Ocean by: Kevin Henkes

Genre: Realistic Fiction

I found a website on "Readwritethink.org" that allows you to make an online postcard. I wrote a postcard as if I were Martha writing to her Grandmother after she came back home for the summer. This program does not allow for a large amount of text so I typed what my original postcard was as well. 


Original Postcard:

 
In addition, I used two websites to create poems of the novel "Olive's Ocean". I was surprised that Kevin Henkes wrote this novel because I had only read his younger children's books such as "Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse". This was a beautifully written novel which used an immense amount of descriptive language throughout. I chose words that described the late Olive and the summer that Martha goes through after receiving her letter.  







No comments:

Post a Comment