Friday, February 13, 2009

Seesaw Girl by: Linda Sue Park

Genre: Traditional Literature
Chapter Book

I created an Audio Book for "Seesaw Girl". I read Chapter One of the book and recorded my voice by using the program Garage Band. I recorded myself playing the guitar to create a sound that indicates when it is time to turn the page. I read the book in a way that emphasized key concepts in the book (i.e. emphasizing women's roles in society) to create a more meaningful experience for the listener. I realized I can create my own Audio Books for struggling readers. I could even have students create Audio Books for their peers! 

Seesaw Girl Audio Book

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Would you mind sharing your file of Seesaw Girl audio book on Voice Thread with me? My daughter is dyslexic and does better to follow along in the book with a recording. She feels like she is "doing it herself" if I don't do the reading. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete